General Regulations / error list
Toughest Firefighter Alive Regulations
- All participants should report at least one hour before their individual start time at the registration office.
- Clothing: Firefighting jacket, Duty rig trousers, Firefighting helmet. The breathing apparatus set will be supplied by the organiser.
- Station 1: The two hoses have to pulled up to the markings (around 80 m). If the competitor is not able to pull both hoses together, it is allowed to pull them one after another. The additional hoses will then be made up, each in a single roll. It is for the umpire to decide if the make up was done properly. The hoses will then be laid down at a marked point (it is for the competitor to decide if both are put down to-gether or one after another).
- Station 2: The participant has to hit the block on the Keiser Force machine with both feet on the plat-forms either side of the block. When proceeding through the tunnel, it is not allowed to throw the con-tainer through the tunnel, the competitor must keep contact with it. The 80 kg Dummy will be carried or dragged over a distance of 60-80 m. Afterwards there is a 3,0 m wall to climb. The time will be stopped after jumping from the wall into the mat.
- Station 3: Carry two ladders (one by one) to a designated area and pitch the ladders in this area, then carry two weights of 15 kg each up the staircase to the second floor. Using the rope provided, haul up the two hoses (75 mm in diameter) which are tied to the end of the rope. They have to be pulled over the balustrade and put down on the floor. Carry the two 15 kg weights back down the staircase. Then screw a nozzle-tip on a monitor. Time will be taken once the competitor goes over the finishing line.
- Station 4: Climbing up a staircase of 65 m. The competitor is issued a breathing apparatus at the start of station 1, the competitor must ensure that their breathing apparatus is carried by themselves to the next station.
- If the competitor misses a station he will get a time of four minutes for that station plus a penalty of four additional minutes (Eight minutes in total) for that station. The competitor is allowed to continue.
- If a competitor arrives late for their start at a station, the time recorded for that station is from their origi-nal designated start time, plus their actual recorded time.
Males must complete each station in less than four minutes, females must complete each station in less than five minutes. If these times are exceeded the umpire will stop the competitor and time recorded on the score sheet will be a time of four minutes plus four minutes penalty time. The competitor is allowed to continue.
If a competitor does not complete any of the stations the time recorded on the score sheet will be four minutes plus four penalty minutes taken. The competitor is allowed to continue.
- If any station is not completed correctly, it is handled in the same manner as in numbers 10 and 11.
- Every competitor will have an attendant who will accompany them for the duration of the competition, they will endeavour to ensure compliance with start times, if the competitor does not attend their start point at the relevant times, the attendant is not responsible as it is the competitors responsibility to there on time. Each station starts 15 minutes after the previous one which should in theory give around 10 minutes recovery time between stations.
- A competitor who has completed all stations correctly and within the relevant time limits will have an advantage in the final count.
- The competitor with the shortest accumulated time for all four stations will win the competition.